Hold a 3MT competition
The Three Minute Thesis brand and 3MT logo is a registered trademark of The University of Queensland. Institutions must request permission to hold a 3MT and use associated materials and branding.
- Request Permission: complete the 3MT Materials Permission Form.
- Email Confirmation: Your institution will be emailed links to the 3MT Handbook, Materials Pack and Brand Guidelines.
- Adhere to Brand Guidelines: All 3MT information, resources and marketing materials are free to use; however you must ensure you adhere to the Brand Guidelines.
- Review the FAQs for Event Coordinators and Competitors.
- Follow the 3MT Handbook: The Handbook provides all the information you need to run the competition.
- Materials: Use the materials provided in the Materials Pack.
- Event Planning: Communicate dates and locations to prospective competitors (four months before competition dates is ideal).
- Prepare a Judging Panel: Ensure the judging panel is balanced by discipline, and briefed about the values and judging criteria of 3MT.
- Run Competition
- Competition Feedback: Advise The University of Queensland's Graduate School on the success of your competition.
- Promote your Success: Please feel free to email us the winner video for loading onto the official 3MT Vimeo channel and 3MT website.
- Future Hosting: If you plan on hosting 3MT in the future your University can be listed on the 3MT website.